Dear INSPIRE users,
Following the previous blogpost with author search tips, we would like to share a couple of more tricks for easier search on INSPIRE.
- You can search by dates using two-digit or four-digit years by: find a maldacena and d 97
- You can search by a period of time by: find a maldacena and d 1997->2011
- You can both search for the date when a record was added (da) and the date when a record was updated (du). Just remember that searching for dates before or after a certain year will also include results for the specified date, along with all other results.
- Specifying date searches with “today” or “last year” also gives results. Check here for more information.
- The search above in Invenio syntax will look like this: author:maldacena year:1997
- To search full-text, use the “ft” option: find ft “dark matter” (in Invenio syntax, this will equal: fulltext:”dark matter”)
- You can also perform more complex searches: find ft “dark matter” and d 2011-11
Just have in mind that full-text searching is available for all arXiv papers, but not for all theses, reports and journal articles.
For more search tips, check here.
Feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you still have any questions.